Set Up a Twitter Account
Twitter is a rapidly growing social media network in which you share “Tweets,” or posts that are restricted to 140 characters. A typical Tweet can convey a wide range of information from quotes to pictures to specials to entertainment. Twitter is meant for fast, quick posts which are particularly conducive to helping businesses share information about specials, events, entertainment, schedule changes and more. By following other Twitter users, you can stay connected to current news and events, both locally and nationally. To set up your Twitter account, follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.twitter.com/signup
- Enter your full name or business, email address, and choose a password. Click Sign Up.
- Select a desired username. Your username is your unique identification on Twitter. For businesses, try using your business name (or something similar) for your Twitter name. Click Create my Account and enter the Captcha code for verification purposes.
- Twitter will send you a verification email to the email addresses you provided. Within the email will be a link for you to click on. Follow the directions in the email to confirm your account.
- Each time you log into Twitter you will be taken to your Twitter Deck. On the right side you will find a stream of Tweets posted by the people that you follow on Twitter.
- To post a Tweet, click the Compose button in the top right corner of the page. You have the option to post videos, pictures, URLs and up to 140 characters. You can also tag your location and other Twitter followers.
- Click the Discover tab to see popular posts by all Twitter users, trends, and top Tweets. These Tweets are tailored to your account based on your connections, your audience and keywords from your posts
- To search for Tweets, users, hashtags, or subjects, type your query into the search bar in the top navigation bar.
Want to learn more? Visit the Twitter support site here. To speak with a Social Media Specialist about additional questions you may have and get hands-on help with your Twitter account as well as other social networking platforms call D3Corp at 410-213-2400 or email Support@d3corp.com.