At this time, it is not possible to sign up for or create an Instagram account on the Instagram website. All Instagram accounts must be created on a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android). The Instagram app can be downloaded in the App Store on an iOS device or in Google Play for an Android device.
After installing the app, open it on your device. Tap the 'Sign Up' button on the bottom of the screen to begin the account creation process.
If you are creating a business account, it is best to use your business name as a username and your business email address as the log in email. It may be easier to use the email address you have associated with you Facebook account. If you link your Instagram account to your Facebook page you will be able to seamlessly share photos taken on Instagram with your Facebook followers.
To update your profile information (username, display name, email address, profile photo, etc.) tap the Profile tab. Tap 'Edit your Profile' at the top right of your screen. Tap 'Submit' after all information is updated. If on a computer, you may also update your profile information at http://instagr.am/accounts/edit.
Sync Instagram to your Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, or Flickr accounts for even more sharing options. The more social networks your business is involved in, the more you should link them together. It will save you time and get your business noticed.
How to Use Hashtags on Instagram
Want some Insta examples? Search for users 'D3CORP' and 'SHOREBREAD'. If you're up to it, please follow these users – they post some pretty cool things every now and again. Check out #SHOREBREAD or #OCEANCITYMD or #SEACRETS for collections of photos by many users.
Choosing specific tags, like #D3CorpFun, will help you connect with other individuals on Instagram. Tagged photos will be added to a targeted tag page where others will be able to find the photo more easily. Want to see the images currently tagged as #D3CorpFun? They're pulling onto the D3Corp site: http://d3corp.com/instagram.
To use the new #D3CorpFun hashtag today and tomorrow, follow the directions below:
- Download Instagram from the Apple app store or Google Play (for iPhones and Androids). The app is free.
- Create a username and password or sign in using your existing Facebook account.
- Take photos using the 'camera' button in the middle of the bottom tool bar in Instagram. You may upload existing photos to share on Instagram by clicking the 'archive' button once in the 'camera' area selecting a previously taken photo from your camera roll.
- Add a filter to your photo.
- Click the green check sign to publish your photo.
- Write a caption. This is where you enter the hashtag! #D3CorpFun to describe your D3-related photo. All photos, from all users, with #D3CorpFun will be visible on the same page by anyone who clicks on the # symbol.
- Add a location, add the photo to your map, or share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. if desired.
- Your picture will be posted to your Instagram feed as well as all of your follower's feeds.
- When viewing your photo in the feed, tap the #D3CorpFun hashtag. You will be directed to a feed of all photos with the same hashtag… all photos of D3 related things!
- Double-tap the image or click the 'heart' button to 'like' the photo or leave a comment on the photo.
- If you want to tag a photo you've already uploaded, just include your hashtag in a comment on your photo. If you add a hashtag to another user's photo, this image will not appear in the designated field. Only your hashtags on your own photos will show in a tagged feed.
- Private user' tagged photo will NOT appear publically on tag pages. For D3Corp's holiday activities, you may want to make your profile public so coworkers can view your #D3CorpFun tag.
- Older versions of Apple iOS do not supporting tapping on hashtags. Instead, users may search hashtags by navigating to the 'Explore' tab > 'Search Users and Hashtags' > enter a tag > 'Search'.
You can tag anything you'd like (Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags – just in case you were curious).